CORN FRITTERS

This recipe comes from a Recipe Book I was given by someone whose house I sold in Kenilworth many years ago.  She sent it to me via a friend as she had left the country.  She wrote it and it was such a special gift.  Many of the photographs in the book were taken in the house I sold. Her name is Wilma Howells.

This recipe I have made so many times.  The mixture freezes well.  I have made it with gluten free flour when I have had “gluten free” guests.  For tea or starters they are always a hit!

CORN FRITTERS

INGREDIENTS:
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp sugar
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1 can (340gms) whole kernel corn, drained and slightly crushed
¼ cup chives
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 round feta cheese, crumbled
Oil for frying

METHOD:
Mix dry ingredients.
Beat the eggs and milk and add the rest of the ingredients. 
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the corn mixture.
Mix to a thick batter. 
Fry teaspoonful’s of batter in hot oil ( or larger spoons for bigger fritters) and serve with bowls of chutney and sweet chilli sauce. 
You can serve the Fritters warm or at room temperature.