Feed the right food, in the right quantity, at the right time.
- Just reducing the quantity of food your pet normally eats probably won’t help with weight loss and could lead to nutritional deficiencies.
- listen to your vet – use a food that is specifically design to aide weight loss ( there are many available) and stick to it!
- don’t be tempted to give treats or feed more than is recommended. Most weight loss diets will not leave your pet hungry- so don’t be fooled.
- allowing unlimited access to food is the most common cause of obesity in cats. Have specific feeding times and remove food that is not eaten.
- Exersice - can really help burn the calories and as
- your pet gets trimmer the more it will be able to those trips to the beach or park. Depending on the health of your pet your vet will be able to advise you as to how much and how far you can go. Dont forget to play with your pet!